Benchmarks - HD Playback
HD Video Play - 720p HD stream from Windows Media Player* 256kB reads
2HD Video Play - 2x playback
4HD Video Play - 4x playback
TweakTown has invested in new hardware that allows us to test high performance NAS servers in a 10GbE environment. The N8900 is the first NAS we've tested at 10GbE and I have to say I like the change! With the performance listed above I'm sure you will be happy with 10GbE as well. We'll have a full rundown on 10GbE and our new hardware tests next month.
In the charts today you'll only find the N8900. We have another 10GbE NAS in for testing now but are being held up with some compatibility issues. So, instead of holding up the N8900 any longer, we're going to let this one fly on its own. We are publishing some extra RAID levels that we normally don't publish like RAID 50 and 60.
In this first chart we are looking at HD Playback three ways. The first is a single stream, then two streams and finally four streams at the same time. With 10GbE you have a massive amount of bandwidth. There is so much bandwidth that we are looking into ways to improve NASPT and run as many as 20 streams at the same time.
We mentioned before that Thecus used an LSI HBA in the N8900. In our testing with LSI controllers we've observed the same behavior as we did with the N8900. The LSI hardware favors advanced RAID over RAID 0. There isn't really a reason why anyone running a NAS like the N8900 would use RAID 0 and as you can see here, there is actually a performance penalty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter