Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Kingston did a really good job on the specifications list of the HyperX SSD. Here we see quite a few areas covered including some performance numbers. Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, let's cover the basics. Kingston is making the HyperX SSD in two capacity sizes; 120GB and 240GB. Last month we reviewed the 240GB model and you can find that review here. Today we're looking at the price vs. performance vs. capacity champion, 120GB model.
With a read speed of around 555MB/s and a write speed of 510MB/s as per Kingston's specification speed, the 120GB HyperX SSD is offers the same performance as the larger model, but with half the capacity and at half the cost. Both HyperX SSDs are available in two configurations with different accessory packages. Kingston has built an all-inclusive HyperX Upgrade Bundle and made it a large selling point. The Upgrade Bundle includes a USB 2.0 enclosure, Acronis Disk Cloning Software, screw driver with three tips, SATA power and data cables and a desktop adapter bracket. The Drive Only version of the HyperX SSD includes more than the name would specify. With this package you get the HyperX SSD and a desktop adapter bracket.
All four versions are currently available at Newegg and the prices are now less than when we published the 240GB review. The HyperX Upgrade Bundle is now listed at 229.99 (120GB) and 489.99 (240GB), both after a mail-in-rebate. The Drive Only models are listed at 219.99 (120GB) and 469.99 (240GB) and also have a mail-in-rebate. As you already know, SandForce based products devalue quickly since so many manufacturers are making drives. We feel Kingston is in a position to play with pricing and in time the HyperX SSD product line will be able to compete with other products from companies known to move high volumes of products at lower margins. At this time Kingston doesn't have the most expensive Team SandForce SSD on the market, but they are not yet competing with the low price drives from ADATA and OCZ Technology.
When it comes to value added accessories and add-ons, Kingston provides one of the best accessory kits available if you opt for the HyperX Upgrade Bundle. The Drive Only bundle isn't too shabby either since it includes a desktop adapter bracket. Both kits includes a three year warranty and 24/7 Kingston Support.
Let's get down to business and get to the benchmarks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer's new curved laptop rocks GTX 1080 SLI, G-Sync
- LG's new 38-inch UltraWide rocks 3840x1600 resolution
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided patch fixes a slew of problems
- Witcher 3: Game of the Year Edition launches
- Apple ordered to pay €13bn in back taxes to Ireland
- PNY CS1311 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Intel 7th Gen "Kaby Lake" Core Processor Overview
- Who to Request For Motherboard Review Sample ?
- Cooler Master MasterCase 3 Micro-ATX Tower Case Review
- Samsung EVO 256GB microSDXC Memory Card Review
- Samsung mass produces 14nm Exynos processor with full connectivity integration
- Samsung launches two new curved gaming monitors
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces ROG Masters
- BIOSTAR TB150 PRO motherboard designed for professional mining
- ADATA launches XPG Flame DDR4 memory modules