Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
The idle testing shows great results with all things considered. Against all of the other all-in-one coolers the H60 just squeezed out ahead of the H70, and I mean just. I contribute this mostly to the much more secure mounting this time around.
Here I sit slightly confused. I had to re-run this test a few times to actually believe what I was seeing. I know the mounting pressure of the head unit can greatly affect the efficiency of the cooler. The H60 is a shocker as it takes top honors amongst all of the all-in-one water coolers. I know it just barely pulls ahead of the H70, but that either means I got a not-so great H70 or I got an exceptional H60. Either way, I am impressed with these results, and that's what we are here to discuss.
I found the performance of the 120mm fan average at best. The claims of this being quieter are true against the H50, but the fans on the H70 I received were a touch less noisy.
When I let the fan spin with twelve volts coursing through it, the noise levels went right up to 64 db. In this instance our sample was louder than both of the predecessors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARK cross-platform play on PS4 and PC BLOCKED by Sony
- Microsoft builds its own AI hardware: Project Brainwave
- HP Omen X gaming notebook: GTX 1080, 120Hz LCD, more
- Final Fantasy XV doesn't need 170GB HDD space on PC
- Bungie couldn't get Destiny 2 to hit 60FPS on consoles
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience