Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
The idle testing shows great results with all things considered. Against all of the other all-in-one coolers the H60 just squeezed out ahead of the H70, and I mean just. I contribute this mostly to the much more secure mounting this time around.
Here I sit slightly confused. I had to re-run this test a few times to actually believe what I was seeing. I know the mounting pressure of the head unit can greatly affect the efficiency of the cooler. The H60 is a shocker as it takes top honors amongst all of the all-in-one water coolers. I know it just barely pulls ahead of the H70, but that either means I got a not-so great H70 or I got an exceptional H60. Either way, I am impressed with these results, and that's what we are here to discuss.
I found the performance of the 120mm fan average at best. The claims of this being quieter are true against the H50, but the fans on the H70 I received were a touch less noisy.
When I let the fan spin with twelve volts coursing through it, the noise levels went right up to 64 db. In this instance our sample was louder than both of the predecessors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives