One of the biggest surprises we learned at CES 2011 was that Kingston had joined Team SandForce for the SF-2000 Series of products. After CES we learned from Digitimes that Kingston was also moving to acquire a larger stake of controller manufacturer JMicron at the same time. Kingston has been gaining attention for their solid state drive products for the last two years and slowly gaining market share. The recent maneuvers will allow Kingston to continue building upon their successes and become an even larger player in the global solid state drive market.
A majority of Kingston's SSD success to date has come from Kingston's V and V+ Series of products. These two series were very successful for the company and had a long reign in the active lineup. At the end of 2010 Kingston announced the successors to the V and V+ lineup and the new 100 products were born.
Today we are looking at the Kingston V+100. The new V+100 uses a 32nm Toshiba T6UG1XBG controller that is very close to the 43nm controller from the original V+. The new die size has really helped power draw, down to 3.6 watts from 4.2 watts. In addition to the die shrink, the new V+100 has been updated with better firmware that significantly improves internal drive cleanup (Garbage Collection).
Before we get too deep into all of the technical specifications, let's move over to the specifications page and look at the total package. After that we will get to the performance testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis