Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Since the specifications given of the pump and head unit are very limited and all I can give is dimensional information on the radiator and tubes, I figured I would start this a little different this time. The top image is some in-house testing from either Asetek or Antec. This testing is done with a stock cooler, the 620 and a "first gen liquid cooler". Now I'm not exactly sure which cooler that refers to; if it is the H50, or one of Asetek's original creations. Either way, it does show marked improvement over the older tech.
To describe the unit I will start with the head unit. This head unit is the thinner version of the two Asetek made for Corsair, and from what I can tell from the outside it uses the same copper base with thin channels the water passes through to transfer the heat. Incorporated in the head is a pump that is powered with a plastic impeller. The casing surrounding the head unit has both the Antec and KÃHLER names, and keeps the ninety degree swivel fittings to give better access to the processors alignment. From these adapters, there is black rubber tubing with an 11mm outside diameter that make their way to and from the radiator. Gone is the hard plastic outer wrapping that Corsair uses, and this should make some tough installations easier.
The radiator is taller than it is wide, but you will need an area of 151mm by 120mm to install this cooler easily. The 120mm fan that accompanies the kit is capable of speeds from 1450 to 2000 RPM. This speed can be left to the BIOS and PWM to control the temperatures, or with some BIOS' and with others software, you can tune the fan to stay silent, or be louder and run full speed all the time. The fluid that transfers the heat is an eco-friendly solution that has an anti-corrosive additive to allow for the dissimilar metals in loop. With any good cooler it needs to offer full compatibility, and Antec made sure and offers usage with all the latest AMD and Intel sockets.
Now we need to get to the important part; pricing. While there are deals from time to time that make the H50 a steal at $50 when they go on sale, most of these creations are going to run you in the $60 to $100+ region depending on brand and options. Antec is releasing the KÃHLER H2O 620 with a MSRP of $69.95 when it does hit shelves. Going through Google Shopping, results are mixed. Some e-tailers show stock, some say limited stock, while others are showing no stock, but are still listing it. Most of these shops are also pricing well above the MSRP, so if you do want to get the latest all-in-one water cooler, look carefully for the best deal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20