Like the Galaxy GTX 470 we looked at just recently, the Palit version does a good job of bringing down our two biggest pet peeves with the model; noise and heat. The only real issue we have with the model is the lack of an overclock, As always, though, it's safe to say that in the near future we'll see a Sonic version of the model. None the less, it would've been nice to see a bit more power on offer from a bump in clock speeds.
On the bundle front it's very Palit due to it being pretty bare. In saying that, though, it's nothing new for the simple reason that Palit tends to be one of the cheapest cards on the market.
Again, though, we're looking at a GTX 470 only a few weeks after launch that cools a lot better than the standard model. We have to wonder why a company like Palit was able to attack the card so quickly with a new cooler, yet NVIDIA couldn't.
For some, cooling and noise won't be an issue, while for others it's a deal breaker. The good news is if you like the GTX 470, but not the heat and the noise, options are now becoming available which make the model a lot more attractive for some.
The Palit GTX 470 is a great starting point for the company and the model; what we're looking forward to is seeing what happens with the Sonic version that will no doubt carry with it an overclock and hopefully something that will be able to give us a nice little boost in performance.
If you want to get away from the stock GTX 470 the Palit version is one worth looking at. As always, it carries with it a more attractive price point which is super appreciated when you're spending big bucks on video card.
At $330 this is a fantastic valued GTX 470. Some companies are selling the reference design for more. We have to ask; why would you buy that over this one?
Palit do what they do best; bring a model people want to the market at a price they're willing to pay. Considering we know the OC potential of the GTX 470, the model is becoming more and more mouth watering as time goes on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale