The Build and Finished Product
Removing the front panel requires just a tug at the bottom and the spring loaded clips release from position. Underneath you will find steel plates blocking the extra optical drive bays. For best air flow, I would remove them, as the front cover works as a dust filter. Speaking of, the 120mm fans at the bottom also have removable dust filters to make maintenance a breeze. The red and black wire you see connected powers the power LED light and it can be removed completely, but for my purposes there was no need.
Since the motherboard tray is essentially a flat plate with mounting holes, I went ahead and put the Foxconn on it for a size comparison. The nicest feature about this style of motherboard tray is that no matter the size of the air cooler, it can be mounted first and still go into the chassis. One thing I would have loved to have seen, though, a nice access hole for cooler back plates would have been awesome, but I guess if the motherboard has to come out to swap a cooler, the tray is handy to have.
As I usually do, I set the optical drive in the second position as I chose to do this build with a top mounted PSU. Again, this is just a little trick to leave room for extra PSU wires. Like I said earlier, all black is hard to beat and even with the drive in place, it doesn't detract from the overall look and feel Ikonik was going for.
Installing things inside the Ra 2000 Black couldn't have been much easier. With all the wiring run and ready to boot the system, both Ikonik's wiring and that I had to run can be cleanly done, and for the most part hidden from sight.
The rear of the chassis fills out nicely once all the components are in. Notice the plate that was at the top is now covering the bottom. All you have to do is turn it upside down and reinstall the four screws.
Everything in its place and double checked, just about ready to power up the Ra 2000. I was able to install pretty much everything including the PSU before I put the motherboard in place and mounted all the essential wiring. As you can see, even with a full ATX motherboard and a good sized GTS 250, there is a ton of room for extra goodies like pumps, lights, you name it!
Once the panel is put back in place most of the clutter is gone, what is left is a terrific view of all of the motherboard, cooler and cards.
With 120V going through her, the Ra 2000 Black comes to life. Had I not removed the panels behind the drive covers, the rear exhaust fans light would not be shining through and the only discernable lighting is the slight hint of a blue LED near the bottom.
The top lights up with a blue LED activity light, a blue LED, backlit power button and of course the glow of blue from the top mounted 140mm fan.
The LEDs of the fans add a very nice glow to the inside as well as offering more ambient LED lighting to the surrounding walls of the room. At this point I played around a bit with the control knob for the fans and to be honest, aside from feeling more flow behind the fans, the noise levels did not go up on the system. In essence, even if the fans are at full speed, they aren't as loud as either an idling Intel cooler or a NVIDIA GPU fan at 40% fan speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015