Power Consumption Testing
Now we come to probably one of the most important sections of our testing and that is power consumption!
Using the power tester you can see in the picture above, we measured power coming from the wall - it is measuring the full system, everything inside the box.
We used prime95 to fully load the CPU processor cores and a score was recorded after five minutes of loading. We recorded the highest wattage level hit. An idle wattage level was recorded after staying idle on the desktop for five minutes.
Here we see the advantages of the Giada Slim-N10 nettop system. Not only is it smaller than the ASRock nettop, but it also uses less power. We are talking about 35% less power when idle on the Windows 7 desktop and 34% less power usage when every core is fully loaded using prime95.
During our power testing phase, the lowest we saw the reading drop to was 19.6 watts and for a computer system that can playback Blu-ray movies, that's impressive!
Boot Time Testing
We measured using a stopwatch and timed from the point we turned the system on until the very first point the desktop was reached and fully loaded.
The ASRock nettop system was able to boot into Windows 7 and fully load about 11 - 12% faster than the Giada system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Package and the System]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Note on 1080p HD and Blu-ray Playback]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage 64-bit]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 64-bit]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super Pi]
- Page 8 [Power Consumption & Boot Time Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league