Ever since QNAP released their TS-509 Pro Turbo NAS, they have been sitting at the top of the mountain looking down. Thecus responded with the N7700 and was able to close the performance gap and feature set, but the TS-509 was still ahead of the game. Not looking to rest, QNAP has countered Thecus' latest offerings with their own newly improved line-up that is now capable of being limited by Ethernet. The new QNAP TS-809 Pro Turbo NAS is so fast that your Ethernet cable used to connect the NAS to your network is now the limiting factor.
QNAP also made great strides in user management, an area that can always be made more user friendly until we reach automatic setup based on what a user is thinking. Since reading a person's thoughts is still not possible, QNAP has come up with the next best solution. The new AJAX interface that QNAP released with the latest round of firmware updates is the most advanced NAS interface we have tested to date and today we will have a look at just how easy it is to setup QNAP NAS servers with it.
Of course, the new TS-809 Pro is full of bells and whistles. The list has been improved upon since we reviewed the TS-509 Pro. It isn't even fair to just call the TS-809 Pro a NAS server. Total Server, Everything-You-Will-Ever-Need Server, Life Server or The-Only-Server-You-Will-Ever-Need describes the system better than NAS Server.
It's not surprising that this total approach comes with a high cost, but at 1699.00 USD the TS-809 Pro Turbo NAS is much cheaper than I expected for a SMB / Enterprise product with so many features and this level of speed. Let's take a look and see what is under the hood.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications]
- Page 3 [Software Specifications]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-809 Pro Turbo NAS]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Software Basics]
- Page 8 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Backup / Content]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hearthstone game costs players a pretty penny to play
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system