PC3-14400 isn't a number we typically see. What we tend to find is most companies promote their higher end PC3-16000 kits or the more standard overclocked modules, the PC3-12800 ones. What PC3-14400 kits offer us over something like a PC3-12800 kit is a bit more performance and a small jump in price while not going to the extreme that PC3-16000 kits tend to carry.
The particular kit we're looking at today is part of the Ultra series from GeIL, which sits a step up from the Value series the company offers. We'll have to see just how ultra the kit is, though. But before we find that out we'll see what's going on with the package before having a closer look at the modules themselves and see what kind of timings and voltages are required to achieve the PC3-14400 or 1800MHz clock.
Today we'll find out if it's worth spending an extra few dollars moving from PC3-12800 or if you're simply better off just splurging out big on a PC3-16000 kit which carries with it an extra 200MHz. Let's get into the bundle and modules before finding out just what kind of performance the Ultra PC3-14400 kit offers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Samsung reportedly working on higher-end 'Odyssey' VR headset
- Pokemon GO developer asks gamers to stop requesting PokeStops and gyms
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- H110M-HDV bricked after internet flash
- Bad PSU, now bad motherboard?
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard