The Kingston HyperX Fan or KHX-FAN Memory Cooler
As I mentioned in the specs section, the body is anodized blue and milled with exposed aluminium highlights. The KHX-FAN supports two 60mm fans that have nine blades and each fan contains four blue LED's for illumination. To each side are the "legs" of the KHX-FAN. They are in fact the same color of blue, it's just the lighting and angle here appear to make them slightly different.
The "legs" of the KHX-FAN are slipped into grooves in the extruded body and you simply align the screw holes in the top of the cooler with these below and use the thumbscrews provided to tighten them into place.
Getting closer to the anodized body of the KHX-FAN, you can easily see the four holes at the corners for assembling the body to the legs. Kingston took the extra step and sheathed the 3-pin power connector wires from end to end, and very cleanly I should add.
With all the screws and washers in place and tightened, we now have the fully assembled KHX-FAN memory cooler. The sides of the KHX grip the tabs on your memory slots, using the tension of the stamped legs to keep it in place during operation. By gently stretching the legs, the cooler can be placed over the clips and released to grip in its fully assembled state.
The sides of the Kingston HyperX fan have cut-away "X" logos that add a bit of flash to the overall appeal of the cooler. If you look closely, you can see that the sides simply slip into the extruded groove in the top edge of the body. Just slide them in, align the hole and screw in the screws and you are ready to cool your memory.
Fully assembled and looking at this fan from the top, the KHX-FAN stands pretty tall, taller than my Corsair version. This fact will allow for the T1 series of heatspreaders and will allow for many other makers taller RAM heatspreaders such as the Pi's or Dominators, too.
Looking at the undercarriage of the KHX-FAN, there are two 60mm fan that are wired together and into one header to power the fans and the LED's. These fans are rated for 12 V and draw up to 0.16 Amps a piece. With everything so big and open, maintenance cleaning should be a breeze to accomplish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm aims to make smartwatches much better with new chip
- Microsoft to reveal new Windows 10 and Xbox One plans this month
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.1 now on PC, adds custom dedicated servers
- Only digital pre-orders unlock access to the Hitman beta
- Watch Dogs 2 confirmed for 2017, releasing with the new South Park
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance