Burn Baby Burn
These days you really can't release a mouse unless it has a laser in it somewhere, even if it's just to blind annoying co-workers with. Today we take a look at Sharkoon's FireGlider laser mouse.
A quick run-down of the specs:
- Laser mouse with 7 buttons (6 of them freely programmable)
- DPI switch with colour display (6 steps)
- Weight tuning system (max. 19.5 g)
- On-board memory for macros
- Max. DPI/CPI: 3600
- DPI/CPI stepping: 600 - 800 - 1200 - 1600 - 2000 - 3600
- Max. Acceleration: 20 G
- Mouse weight max.: 135 g
- Mouse weight min.: 118 g
- Laser sensor: Agilent ADNS-6010
There is one very subtle but important omission from this list of specifications and that is the ability to side-scroll with this mouse. It seems to have become a standard feature of most mice on the market, but it seems to have been skipped for this release. Maybe a revision 2.0 will have it included...
Page 1 of 4
Further Reading: Read and find more Peripherals content at our Peripherals reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!