Without question eSATA is a superior way to connect external storage devices to a PC when compared to USB or even FireWire. eSATA is basically a fancy term used to say external SATA interface, the same thing that we use to connect our modern hard drives internally today. eSATA offers the same speeds as SATA and most modern computer cases and systems sold today have an eSATA port already installed.
What happens when you combine the extreme speed of eSATA with a light weight, small portable flash drive and throw in solid state technology? That is what we are here to find out today because Silicon Power has whipped up a batch with all three of these ingredients and delivered them to DVNation.com, a leading provider of SSD products here in the US. DVNation recently contacted us to see if we would like a go around with the new Silicon Power eSATA Portable SSD; how could we say no?
On the surface the Silicon Power eSATA Portable SSD looks like any other flash drive. Once you remove the cap the eSATA plug stands out and after a quick glance on the other side the mini USB port (used for power) is evident as well. Let's have a look at the specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Silicon Power eSATA/USB SSD II Portable Drive]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Test]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080