Without question eSATA is a superior way to connect external storage devices to a PC when compared to USB or even FireWire. eSATA is basically a fancy term used to say external SATA interface, the same thing that we use to connect our modern hard drives internally today. eSATA offers the same speeds as SATA and most modern computer cases and systems sold today have an eSATA port already installed.
What happens when you combine the extreme speed of eSATA with a light weight, small portable flash drive and throw in solid state technology? That is what we are here to find out today because Silicon Power has whipped up a batch with all three of these ingredients and delivered them to DVNation.com, a leading provider of SSD products here in the US. DVNation recently contacted us to see if we would like a go around with the new Silicon Power eSATA Portable SSD; how could we say no?
On the surface the Silicon Power eSATA Portable SSD looks like any other flash drive. Once you remove the cap the eSATA plug stands out and after a quick glance on the other side the mini USB port (used for power) is evident as well. Let's have a look at the specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Silicon Power eSATA/USB SSD II Portable Drive]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Test]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20