Without question eSATA is a superior way to connect external storage devices to a PC when compared to USB or even FireWire. eSATA is basically a fancy term used to say external SATA interface, the same thing that we use to connect our modern hard drives internally today. eSATA offers the same speeds as SATA and most modern computer cases and systems sold today have an eSATA port already installed.
What happens when you combine the extreme speed of eSATA with a light weight, small portable flash drive and throw in solid state technology? That is what we are here to find out today because Silicon Power has whipped up a batch with all three of these ingredients and delivered them to DVNation.com, a leading provider of SSD products here in the US. DVNation recently contacted us to see if we would like a go around with the new Silicon Power eSATA Portable SSD; how could we say no?
On the surface the Silicon Power eSATA Portable SSD looks like any other flash drive. Once you remove the cap the eSATA plug stands out and after a quick glance on the other side the mini USB port (used for power) is evident as well. Let's have a look at the specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Silicon Power eSATA/USB SSD II Portable Drive]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Test]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED