LAN parties are great events if done right; you get a bunch of people together that are bent on killing each other in a virtual sort of way. But the problem is, how do you go about getting the right equipment to get things going? You need some good, robust and most of all fast equipment to maintain the flow of those killer packets.
On the home front, as we have mentioned before people are turning their homes into small infrastructure environments. Many families have a computer per person living in the house and in some you may have more than one. This leads to an issue where you may over load your home router with connections. Most routers today only provide four ports. This is great if you only have a couple of hardwired systems, but what happens when you have five, six, or even more.
TRENDnet has graciously provided us with a potential answer to both of these issues. As the Pro-Sumer and the Enthusiast encroach on what was formerly a "members only" market, we have to look at more advanced equipment to meet the needs of these more demanding users. To find our answer we look at an enterprise class product and see if it can fit into the enthusiast space. So we present to you the TEG-240WS 24-Port Gigabit Web Smart Switch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Musk shows capabilities of the new self-driving hardware
- Landing on Mars didn't go as planned
- Xiaomi sells a million phones in India in 18 days
- Razer Blade Pro laptop rocks GTX 1080, 4K G-Sync display
- Nintendo Switch may sport dedicated game video recording
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook Review
- How do i contact the moderators?
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package