The Software Basics
Form over function, or is it function over form? Either way, a NAS server needs to be both feature rich and user friendly at the same time. If a consumer or network administrator cannot setup a function of the system, it will most likely go unused.
Using the Thecus Setup Wizard that you install on the host computer, you can easily find and configure the initial steps of the N7700, even if it is not set on the correct subnet.
Once the early configuration stuff is out of the way you can log into the N7700. Here we see the full log in screen that takes us to full menu.
Once inside you are presented with the menu system and a quick display of the NAS status.
The Menu System
The menu system is setup just like the other Thecus NAS servers we have looked at in the past. Here we see just one of the drop down menus that make up the navigation side of the NAS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware and Software Specifications]
- Page 3 [Server Capabilities, Availability and Cost]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Thecus N7700]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Software Basics]
- Page 8 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Backup / Content]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter