The Software Basics
Form over function, or is it function over form? Either way, a NAS server needs to be both feature rich and user friendly at the same time. If a consumer or network administrator cannot setup a function of the system, it will most likely go unused.
Using the Thecus Setup Wizard that you install on the host computer, you can easily find and configure the initial steps of the N7700, even if it is not set on the correct subnet.
Once the early configuration stuff is out of the way you can log into the N7700. Here we see the full log in screen that takes us to full menu.
Once inside you are presented with the menu system and a quick display of the NAS status.
The Menu System
The menu system is setup just like the other Thecus NAS servers we have looked at in the past. Here we see just one of the drop down menus that make up the navigation side of the NAS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware and Software Specifications]
- Page 3 [Server Capabilities, Availability and Cost]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Thecus N7700]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Software Basics]
- Page 8 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Backup / Content]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
- Oukitel announces K10000 Pro with 10,000 mAh battery
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017