GameRigs Ego- Internals
On the inside we see that that everything is wired up and the wires are tucked away as best they can be. The case doesn't offer a lot of places to tuck wires away, but GameRigs was able to get the job done with the options they were provided.
Being a budget system, the stock Intel cooler was used for the build. I am not really a fan of this practice since the stock Intel cooler has a tendency to spin at high speeds when gaming, causing a lot of acoustic issues. Even with a case like the one used by GameRigs, you can hear the damn fan when it goes into turbo mode. For me, very few things are as annoying as getting into a game and having the CPU or GPU fan kick into a mode that can be heard a room away.
GameRigs went to extremes with the memory for our sample system. Here we see that the memory has been treated with a custom finish, just like the case.
On the bottom we see the mighty EVGA 9800 GTX+ and all of the cables attached to the motherboard.
On the top we found a Lite-On SATA DVD-RW and more cable routing.
The sole hard drive in the budget build was a 250GB Seagate that is based on an older Maxtor template. The drive is very thin. There is enough space in the case to add four more drives; five in total.
Both of the side panels use a medium density foam to help reduce the noise level coming from the internal components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand