GameRigs Ego- Exterior
At a LAN party or sitting on your desk, the Ego really stands out. Our sample system shipped with a Crysis Warhead theme, but the company offers several themes from popular games, or you can opt for an all black system if you prefer.
On camera the system appears to have a flat look, but in person it is more of a semi-gloss. Not too shiny, but not dull either.
The baked on finish looks great from a foot or two away; up close there is a washed out effect when looking at some of the finer details. No one is really going to be looking over the system up this close, but as you can see here the semi-gloss finish mixed with the texture doesn't give the same detail we are used to seeing in some of the other painted surfaces.
It is important to remember, though, that the baked on finish will last much longer than paint when accidents happen. I went through my own version of a scratch test with the system. Plastic from mice and keyboards did not affect the system. I went through several materials that would be in close proximity to the system in a LAN party situation. A few examples were cans and glass bottles of Bawls, keyboards, mice and PCB from a video card and in all of these tests the finish remained perfect. I was finally able to break the surface by taking the edge of a power supply and forcefully scratching the surface. I have to admit that it took a lot of effort to finally break the surface.
The back of the system is pretty much like any other. The case is made of steel and is of very high quality. Lian Li had this case on display in their booth at CES, but I was never able to find it listed on their website. I am not totally sure why GameRigs does not list the case as coming from Lian Li, since the label and brand names they have created over the years are associated with the upmost quality. Either way, the case is solid in all aspects.
Here we see the other side of the case. The image is different than the opposing side which is a plus.
It doesn't matter who you are, covering up the finish of brushed aluminium would be a difficult choice. Here we see that GameRigs made the right call and left the inside of the door in its original form.
The door is just as solid as the rest of the case. The vents on the sides allow the system to breath and the metal insert that runs down the middle allows the system to remain quiet in most situations.
On top we find a collection of I/O ports that will allow for easier setup at home and at the LAN party.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY