The Nexus FLC-3000 is a really quiet cooling solution to any case. Their goal in making life quieter around the PC was achieved, as the FLC-3000 was hardly audible while at idle and at load speeds. While this version of the cooler is a bit more compact on the one side, the overall height is a bit taller as well.
Overall performance of this cooler was as good as I had expected. The FLC-3000 stays on par with the sound levels of its brethren; the temperatures were as much as 7.5° Celcius behind the XiR 3500. The FLC-3000 performs more on par with the Arctic Cooling LP7 and the Cooler Master TX2. All three of these coolers are almost identical in performance. Aside from the visual differences, the TX2 is the only one that stretches space requirements for a small case, but they can both be purchased together for less than what the Nexus FLC-3000 requires for ownership.
With the asking price of $54.95 plus shipping from the cheaper of the e-tailers I could find this cooler, it is hard to recommend. The cooler does bring heat pipes, a small footprint and even an orange LED center hub on the fan, but is silence really worth the premium pricing? I do have to say, being a user of what Chris has referred to as a vacuum cleaner, I can really appreciate a silent cooler when I hear it, or rather, don't hear it. It all comes down to money in the end. If a few dB of sound level is worth it to you and you have a pretty deep wallet, I say go for it. But for my money, I have to say there are better choices out there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Nexus FLC-3000]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications