The Nexus FLC-3000 is a really quiet cooling solution to any case. Their goal in making life quieter around the PC was achieved, as the FLC-3000 was hardly audible while at idle and at load speeds. While this version of the cooler is a bit more compact on the one side, the overall height is a bit taller as well.
Overall performance of this cooler was as good as I had expected. The FLC-3000 stays on par with the sound levels of its brethren; the temperatures were as much as 7.5° Celcius behind the XiR 3500. The FLC-3000 performs more on par with the Arctic Cooling LP7 and the Cooler Master TX2. All three of these coolers are almost identical in performance. Aside from the visual differences, the TX2 is the only one that stretches space requirements for a small case, but they can both be purchased together for less than what the Nexus FLC-3000 requires for ownership.
With the asking price of $54.95 plus shipping from the cheaper of the e-tailers I could find this cooler, it is hard to recommend. The cooler does bring heat pipes, a small footprint and even an orange LED center hub on the fan, but is silence really worth the premium pricing? I do have to say, being a user of what Chris has referred to as a vacuum cleaner, I can really appreciate a silent cooler when I hear it, or rather, don't hear it. It all comes down to money in the end. If a few dB of sound level is worth it to you and you have a pretty deep wallet, I say go for it. But for my money, I have to say there are better choices out there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Nexus FLC-3000]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20