Changes the quality and method of Ambient Occlusion, which in turn determines how realistic and rich shadows are in-game.
The benchmark shows there is no definitive performance hit when switching between HBAO and SSAO, so if you're going to enable this setting, HBAO is way to go. If you need to save a lot of performance and are willing to take a big hit to visual depth in all scenes, Off is the option for you.
This setting is always arduous to capture properly, and it's no different here, so screenshots are absent from this section. In-game, its implementation is extremely subtle.
Testing shows Motion Blur has what appears to be a small performance impact as this setting is increased. Most should disable it as it offers little and costs a few frames.
Mirror's Edge Catalyst offers a strong list of graphics options to play around with, and as the results show, many of them are great candidates for tweaking if you need some extra frames.
As always, I recommend you read the entire guide thoroughly. That said, the key options to look at are Field of View, Lighting Quality, Post Process Quality, and Mesh Quality.
PRICING: You can find Mirror's Edge Catalyst for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: X retails for $26.60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: X retails for £23 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Testing Setup, & System Requirements]
- Page 2 [Field of View, Resolution, Fullscreen Mode, & Resolution Scale]
- Page 3 [Overall Quality, Texture Quality, Lighting Quality, & Reflection Quality]
- Page 4 [Effects Quality, Post Process Quality, Mesh Quality, & Anisotropic Filter]
- Page 5 [Ambient Occlusion, Motion Blur, & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi to release their own processor - Pinecone
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 images leak ahead of launch at MWC
- Qualcomm leads 5G tech race, multi-Gbps speeds are close
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X20 LTE modem, up to 1.2Gbps
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700X spotted in detail
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league