Voltage Regulator and Circuit Analysis
While the TDP of the GTX 750 Ti is only 60W, the VRM is still an important part of product quality, and will play an important role in longevity. The ASUS GTX 750 Ti features a six-pin power connector to supply extra power to the GPU.
The main VDDC (Core Voltage) of the GPU is provided by a total of three high current phases controlled by a uPI UP1608 PWM, and powered by UBIQ PowerPAK MOSFETs. The UP1608 features three or four phase operation. Integrated drivers support three phases, and if you want to add a fourth, you need an external driver; in this case, three phases are used. The standard GTX 750 Ti VRM is only two phases; however, ASUS decided to toss in a third phase to make overclocking easier, and temperatures lower.
Since there is no active cooling on the VRM, the parts need to be durable. I couldn't find any datasheet on the MOSFETs, as they seem to be under NDA. However, this card uses two QM3054M for the low side, and a single QM3056M for the high side. ASUS provides five 820uF 5K solid capacitors for a total of 4100uF.
The memory VRM is a single phase made up of a single UBIQ QM3054M for the low side, and a single QM3056M for the high side. There is a M5035 single phase buck converter, but no datasheet was found. I would say it does a good job with memory power, as overclocks on the memory were great.
ASUS is employing 4x Samsung 512MB GDDR5, model number K4G41325FC-HC03.
A single Winbond 2Mbit BIOS ROM is used, this is a very common BIOS chip found on many GTX 750s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- The Last of Us 2 announced
- Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite announced, coming in 2017
- New Uncharted: The Lost Legacy announced
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset