There certainly is no doubt that cloud storage has been a big sell for many storage companies. Over the past year, we have seen many newcomers to the market with those that have firmly held a footing since the beginning.
As such, we now have quite a few cloud storage solutions available ranging from OS included SkyDrive from Microsoft to iCloud on Apple devices. In addition, there are many web based solutions such as Box, Dropbox, Amazon Cloud, Google Drive, Media Fire, and Mega - you get the point the list can go on quite literally forever. The one downfall to all these services is there a point where data storage no longer is free, and that happens to range from 2GB to 7GB depending on the service.
For those of us that own and use a NAS appliance, we have had the luxury of having our own private storage for many years. Even before the cloud movement, you could setup a private FTP server on your appliance and upload/download, as you wish, on the go or at home. Though, with this movement, things have become more mainstream with the addition of applications for your smartphone, tablet and PC in some cases.
Today, in this article, I will attempt to outline some of the unique features of the QNAP network appliances, and touch on some of the unique and useful apps that come along with it.
If you're ready to build your own cloud solution, read on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Philadelphia 76ers acquire eSports teams Dignitas, Apex
- Horizon: Zero Dawn's story will be 'hugely enjoyable'
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now