There certainly is no doubt that cloud storage has been a big sell for many storage companies. Over the past year, we have seen many newcomers to the market with those that have firmly held a footing since the beginning.
As such, we now have quite a few cloud storage solutions available ranging from OS included SkyDrive from Microsoft to iCloud on Apple devices. In addition, there are many web based solutions such as Box, Dropbox, Amazon Cloud, Google Drive, Media Fire, and Mega - you get the point the list can go on quite literally forever. The one downfall to all these services is there a point where data storage no longer is free, and that happens to range from 2GB to 7GB depending on the service.
For those of us that own and use a NAS appliance, we have had the luxury of having our own private storage for many years. Even before the cloud movement, you could setup a private FTP server on your appliance and upload/download, as you wish, on the go or at home. Though, with this movement, things have become more mainstream with the addition of applications for your smartphone, tablet and PC in some cases.
Today, in this article, I will attempt to outline some of the unique features of the QNAP network appliances, and touch on some of the unique and useful apps that come along with it.
If you're ready to build your own cloud solution, read on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG is investing billions of dollars into OLED production
- Sony is working on a Remote Play app for Windows and OS X
- Acer Predator gaming notebooks feature i7-6700HQ, 980M, 4K, G-SYNC
- AMD says price drop on their GPUs isn't their doing
- Multiple Instagram accounts now supported on Android
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader