Because UT2003 is such a cutting-edge graphics and CPU-intensive game, it has a built-in benchmarking tool to measure how fast your system can run it. You can access this benchmarking tool by going into your System directory (typically C:\UT2003\System\) and running the file Benchmark.exe (just double-click on it).
Once running, the benchmark will first ask you to choose from a set of resolutions. Once you select a resolution, this will begin a series of predetermined sequences and after a while you will receive a score. Note this score down, along with the resolution. You can use this score to compare your computer's performance in UT2003 with others in online forums and the like. It will help you determine things such as whether your system is generally well-optimised - if someone else has the same type of hardware setup but gets a higher score on the same resolution for example. It can also help you decide which types of hardware are best to upgrade to given their performance under UT2003.
In any case, the in-game and .ini settings you've changed won't affect this benchmark one way or the other. It will run with pre-determined settings, so that any comparisons you make with others (at similar resolutions) will not be skewed because of setting differences, only general hardware and non-UT2003 software differences.
Well, that concludes this guide for the moment. I'm sure there are many, many more tweaks, tips and options that will come to light as people explore this fantastic game in more detail and as new patches are released. It's important to note that this guide is only the beginning of your UT2003 tweaking experience. Check back here very often as I will continue to add to the guide constantly.
I hope you've gained some benefit from reading the guide and that it increases your enjoyment of what is already an outstanding game. If you have any feedback on this guide (and believe me I read all feedback), or if you just want to chat about the game, email me or better yet, step into our Gaming Forums. And if you see me online (my nick is PersianImmortal), say "Hi"!
Credits and Links
In my research for tweaking and general UT2003 information, I used the following sites for which I would like to give thanks and credit. I would also urge you to visit these sites for more UT2003-related stuff such as free user-made maps and the latest updates on this great game:
And don't forget to check this guide regularly for updates on UT2003 patches, tweaks and utilities!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 2 [The Essentials]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 3 [Installation and Patches]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 4 [In-Game Settings (Part 1)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 5 [In-Game Settings (Part 2)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 6 [In-Game Settings (Part 3)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 7 [Advanced Tweaking]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 8 [Advanced Tweaking (Part 2)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 9 [Advanced Tweaking (Part 3)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 10 [Console Commands & Special Moves]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 11 [Benchmarking & Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to hold in-store Switch demos before release
- Nintendo expect 2 million Switch console sales at launch
- New Wii U Minecraft software update ready to download
- Microsoft begins Xbox One S deals, includes Gold access
- Windows 10 VR paving way for Project Scorpio VR gaming
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards