Because UT2003 is such a cutting-edge graphics and CPU-intensive game, it has a built-in benchmarking tool to measure how fast your system can run it. You can access this benchmarking tool by going into your System directory (typically C:\UT2003\System\) and running the file Benchmark.exe (just double-click on it).
Once running, the benchmark will first ask you to choose from a set of resolutions. Once you select a resolution, this will begin a series of predetermined sequences and after a while you will receive a score. Note this score down, along with the resolution. You can use this score to compare your computer's performance in UT2003 with others in online forums and the like. It will help you determine things such as whether your system is generally well-optimised - if someone else has the same type of hardware setup but gets a higher score on the same resolution for example. It can also help you decide which types of hardware are best to upgrade to given their performance under UT2003.
In any case, the in-game and .ini settings you've changed won't affect this benchmark one way or the other. It will run with pre-determined settings, so that any comparisons you make with others (at similar resolutions) will not be skewed because of setting differences, only general hardware and non-UT2003 software differences.
Well, that concludes this guide for the moment. I'm sure there are many, many more tweaks, tips and options that will come to light as people explore this fantastic game in more detail and as new patches are released. It's important to note that this guide is only the beginning of your UT2003 tweaking experience. Check back here very often as I will continue to add to the guide constantly.
I hope you've gained some benefit from reading the guide and that it increases your enjoyment of what is already an outstanding game. If you have any feedback on this guide (and believe me I read all feedback), or if you just want to chat about the game, email me or better yet, step into our Gaming Forums. And if you see me online (my nick is PersianImmortal), say "Hi"!
Credits and Links
In my research for tweaking and general UT2003 information, I used the following sites for which I would like to give thanks and credit. I would also urge you to visit these sites for more UT2003-related stuff such as free user-made maps and the latest updates on this great game:
And don't forget to check this guide regularly for updates on UT2003 patches, tweaks and utilities!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 2 [The Essentials]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 3 [Installation and Patches]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 4 [In-Game Settings (Part 1)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 5 [In-Game Settings (Part 2)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 6 [In-Game Settings (Part 3)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 7 [Advanced Tweaking]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 8 [Advanced Tweaking (Part 2)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 9 [Advanced Tweaking (Part 3)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 10 [Console Commands & Special Moves]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 11 [Benchmarking & Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 7 is a solid return, very positive reviews
- LG's new G6 smartphone looks freakin' beautiful
- Apple's new 5K display has issues with new MacBook Pro
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz