Fatal1ty vs. the kid
They wanted to experience if his (Fatal1ty's) skill matched the hype they had heard about. They were not disappointed and Jonathan kindly fragged the boys until the parents begged us to stop. The boys had school the next day and needed to sleep. Jonathan let Aries take the last frag, saying, now he has a reason to come back: REVENGE!! I hope you are practicing Aries.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Shomalistos family for showing Jonathan and myself the kind of hospitality I have heard so much about that comes from South African shores. Many thanks and Kudos to you. Not wanting the fun to end, nor for the topic to be exclusively geek speak (games and technology); Mike (Mr Shomalistos) was anxious to make even more of an impression about one of South African's favorite pastimes. Being a keen sportsman in his day who still enjoyed a round of golf. To him, this whole business of gaming on computers was alien, to say the least. He wanted to see if Fatal1ty could be as good doing a "REAL MAN's" sport as he was in the virtual worlds.
Naturally Fatal1ty, who having worked at a Golf course before he started out as a professional gamer, was eager to prove Mike wrong. That set us up for the next day where the "REAL" match began in earnest. Both guys backing themselves with (I dare to mention) a small wager to make things a little more interesting. Since I was useless at golf and during both times when I had tried in the past; people got hurt; I declined politely and allowed them to play unhindered. After the first 9 holes, things were looking pretty grim for both guys, since they were neck and neck, and each knew that it was now down to an issue of luck for there to be a true winner. I'm glad to say I never saw the final card nor score, however, both smile knowingly and suggest that it was a good match with them both coming out on top. This brought to an end Fatal1ty's second trip to South Africa, and even if he didn't win the tournament, he certainly won some friends. A much better bargain in my book.
As a side note, Aries Shomalistos dedicated a project to Fatal1ty earlier this year, John was his idol and hero, which he presented at school to all his classmates. He wanted everyone to know he is Fatal1ty's most avid fan and intends to become a world class gamer himself. There are many more young guys like Aries, all eager to pursue the goal of success and fame. Unfortunately not everyone gets the chance that Aries has had, but never give up lads and keep up the good fight where one day you too can find a job worth loving. Fatal1ty fans the flames of gaming fires
Fatal1ty fans the flames of gaming fires
We hope you enjoyed this article - it's a nice change from benchmarking and gives you a more personal look at one of the world's best computer gamers. As you can see, Fatal1ty wants more than to just frag - the guy seems to have a big heart. All the best for future gaming events from the staff at TweakTown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- Acer's new Predator Z35P: 35-inch 3440x1440 100Hz G-Sync
- Crackdown 3 coming to PC, is an Xbox Play Anywhere title
- Samsung unveils bendable/stretchable OLED display
- MSI scoops 5 awards for Computex Best Choice Award 2017
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning