Specifications, Pricing and Availability
As we stated in the introduction, there are three versions of THNSNF. GBSS and GCSS are both 2.5" form factor models with GCSS using a 7mm z-height. GMCS is an mSATA offering. The two 2.5" drives have four capacity sizes - 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB. The mSATA model only scales to 256GB, so it's only offered in three capacity sizes.
Read performance for all drives is speced at 524MB/s, but write performance varies between capacity sizes and form factors. The 2.5" 7mm 256GB model we're looking at today has a claimed sequential write performance of 461MB/s. Read IOPS are rated at 80K and write IOPS are at 35K.
Our sample came from Toshiba directly and not a third party OEM. The housing is a lot like the Toshiba SSD that arrived in our Lenovo W701ds notebook two years ago. Looking around online we couldn't find any OEM or reseller with this model for sale, but through our back channel sources, we learned companies can place a large order through Toshiba; there is a 13 week wait time, though.
Toshiba's marketing docs show a one year warranty. System builders handle warranties though so you need to go back to your builder should a problem occur.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Toshiba THNSNF256GCSS 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.