At this point we are hardly surprised when MyDigitalSSD proprietor Matt Dawson calls us and says he has another world's first ready for us to check out. After helping steer many of the storage designs used in netbooks today, Matt moved on to build a large portion of RunCore's fan base. From there he started his own SSD company named after his retail store, MyDigitalDiscount.
MyDigitalSSD, the solid state drive wing of the company produces products that fall into one of two categories. The first is special applications, like mSATA and other emerging technologies. The second category is a bit more mainstream, quality low cost SSDs that provide a very good mix between performance and low cost.
The new MyDigitalSSD BP3 fits into the second category and brings with it two new to market components that are designed to reduce the overall cost of SATA III performance. The first new component is the Phison S8 controller. This is Phison's first SATA III controller and it's built from the ground up to provide performance that breaks past the SATA II barriers while remaining a low-cost option for SSD manufactures.
The second new component is from Toshiba and this one has us very excited. We've all seen Toshiba Toggle Flash drives that rest at the top of almost every manufacture's product line. Toggle Flash is a premium component and Toshiba recently released a 24nm version of it. This new flash, Toggle 2 is still 24nm, but it increases the performance from 166MB/s to 200MB/s. It should also reduce the power needed for operation, but we've yet to confirm the power draw.
MyDigitalSSD chose to use both of these emerging components in the same product, the Bullet Proof 3 or BP3. Today we're looking at the MDSSD BP3 512GB, but we haven't even got to the best part yet.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP3 512GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives