Unlike the Catalyst 11.12 driver we looked at last month this isn't one we'd say skip. If you made the jump to Catalyst 12.1 Preview that came at the same time you might instead decide to make the jump to the official WHQL one that we've looked at today which is on a whole just a solid driver.
If you made the move to the preview driver last month you might want to do the same again this month with the new Catalyst 12.2 preview that's been released. With that said if you take the time to check out the Release Notes on the Catalyst 12.2 preview you'll see they're less focused on performance and instead the preview brings with it enhancements that focus on Eyefinity.
Unfortunately the HD 7900 series aren't supported in this driver nor the preview - fingers crossed that we'll see the HD 7900 series support be offered in the WHQL version that we'll see in February.
For the most part, though, this is a strong driver with no major issues present in it, combined with the normal line up of bug fixes that are always appreciated. Outside of the performance fix in Dirt 3 I wouldn't expect anything else apart from a little bit of positive moments here and there. For the most part, though, the new 12.1 driver doesn't offer any kind of huge performance gains and instead just brings with it the normal array of fixes we're used to seeing from most Catalyst drivers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent