Unlike the Catalyst 11.12 driver we looked at last month this isn't one we'd say skip. If you made the jump to Catalyst 12.1 Preview that came at the same time you might instead decide to make the jump to the official WHQL one that we've looked at today which is on a whole just a solid driver.
If you made the move to the preview driver last month you might want to do the same again this month with the new Catalyst 12.2 preview that's been released. With that said if you take the time to check out the Release Notes on the Catalyst 12.2 preview you'll see they're less focused on performance and instead the preview brings with it enhancements that focus on Eyefinity.
Unfortunately the HD 7900 series aren't supported in this driver nor the preview - fingers crossed that we'll see the HD 7900 series support be offered in the WHQL version that we'll see in February.
For the most part, though, this is a strong driver with no major issues present in it, combined with the normal line up of bug fixes that are always appreciated. Outside of the performance fix in Dirt 3 I wouldn't expect anything else apart from a little bit of positive moments here and there. For the most part, though, the new 12.1 driver doesn't offer any kind of huge performance gains and instead just brings with it the normal array of fixes we're used to seeing from most Catalyst drivers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis