Unlike the Catalyst 11.12 driver we looked at last month this isn't one we'd say skip. If you made the jump to Catalyst 12.1 Preview that came at the same time you might instead decide to make the jump to the official WHQL one that we've looked at today which is on a whole just a solid driver.
If you made the move to the preview driver last month you might want to do the same again this month with the new Catalyst 12.2 preview that's been released. With that said if you take the time to check out the Release Notes on the Catalyst 12.2 preview you'll see they're less focused on performance and instead the preview brings with it enhancements that focus on Eyefinity.
Unfortunately the HD 7900 series aren't supported in this driver nor the preview - fingers crossed that we'll see the HD 7900 series support be offered in the WHQL version that we'll see in February.
For the most part, though, this is a strong driver with no major issues present in it, combined with the normal line up of bug fixes that are always appreciated. Outside of the performance fix in Dirt 3 I wouldn't expect anything else apart from a little bit of positive moments here and there. For the most part, though, the new 12.1 driver doesn't offer any kind of huge performance gains and instead just brings with it the normal array of fixes we're used to seeing from most Catalyst drivers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset