Well that's another month of Catalyst out and another month with no promises to performance. Saying that, there's a little bit of movement under Metro 2033, but apart from that we don't really see much change across the board at all.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens in December. We have to be honest, the last few months for Catalyst drivers have been pretty boring; this isn't the first time we've seen this from AMD, though, as sometimes we see this as they're building up to something bigger.
The big problem is that we haven't really heard about anything. Normally we would hear about a longer list of features coming in a future driver. This happened earlier in the year and it happened when we first saw Bezel Composition come in etc. Normally we'd be getting leaks about the improvements that are coming. It's been really quiet on the Catalyst front lately, however.
12 months ago we heard that Terry Makedon had left the Catalyst team and joined the Fusion one, and the other week I heard someone say that the Catalyst drivers just haven't been the same since he left. Normally I wouldn't like to agree with that, but if you really do look back at the drivers over the last few months, they just haven't been the same and while it has been 12 months since he left, no doubt the plans for drivers are probably a good six months ahead.
I've got our fingers crossed that we see something special for the last Catalyst driver of the year, but I'm not sure we're going to really see much. Like I said, if there was something major coming, we'd no doubt probably know about it by now.
The last thing I want to say, though, before we leave is, at what point will the Catalyst drivers stop installing to an "ATI" folder? - Surely it's not that hard to change it from ATI to AMD. It's been long enough now, I just don't get why every time we install the Catalyst driver it continues to install to the ATI folder.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications