Well that was a boring driver to test. To be honest, I'm hardly surprised. With three BETAs last month that brought performance bumps to Battlefield 3, it's hardly shocking to know that the official WHQL driver brings very little with it. Instead we know that most of the effort has gone into the BETAs because it was important for AMD and NVIDIA to offer the best possible performance at launch.
Unfortunately I'm still yet to witness the performance of the HD 6990 under Battlefield 3 as the game continues not to load for me. It's a little sad that the initial BETA was more stable than the full release that has finally hit us.
If you've been jumping around on the BETA drivers that have hit this month, there's no real reason to jump on this one, especially if you grabbed the most recent BETA. If you're still on last month's driver or the month before, I'd also say you could probably skip this one.
AMD seem to be on a bit of a lack luster run when it comes to driver performance lately. We saw some great features earlier in the year, but the last few months have been fairly quiet. We wonder if they're saving up something big for Nov / Dec or we're just going to cruise into the New Year with the odd bug fix here and there along with a new feature.
There's not a whole lot to get excited about here, so we don't see any real reason to jump on this one as we mentioned. If you're going along well with the driver you're on, there's probably very little reason to change to this one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- What if Microsoft uses Steam to power PC to Xbox game streaming?
- Street Fighter V now ready for pre-load on PSN and Steam in NA
- Far Cry: Primal's story isn't linear, tied to building up your village
- This rugged Chromebook can be dropped from 2 feet off the ground
- Sony is bringing Crash Bandicoot back, says NECA exec
- ViewSonic 27-inch 4K LED Monitor (VP2780-4K) Review
- Help choosing a motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives