Well that was a boring driver to test. To be honest, I'm hardly surprised. With three BETAs last month that brought performance bumps to Battlefield 3, it's hardly shocking to know that the official WHQL driver brings very little with it. Instead we know that most of the effort has gone into the BETAs because it was important for AMD and NVIDIA to offer the best possible performance at launch.
Unfortunately I'm still yet to witness the performance of the HD 6990 under Battlefield 3 as the game continues not to load for me. It's a little sad that the initial BETA was more stable than the full release that has finally hit us.
If you've been jumping around on the BETA drivers that have hit this month, there's no real reason to jump on this one, especially if you grabbed the most recent BETA. If you're still on last month's driver or the month before, I'd also say you could probably skip this one.
AMD seem to be on a bit of a lack luster run when it comes to driver performance lately. We saw some great features earlier in the year, but the last few months have been fairly quiet. We wonder if they're saving up something big for Nov / Dec or we're just going to cruise into the New Year with the odd bug fix here and there along with a new feature.
There's not a whole lot to get excited about here, so we don't see any real reason to jump on this one as we mentioned. If you're going along well with the driver you're on, there's probably very little reason to change to this one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook