Well that was a boring driver to test. To be honest, I'm hardly surprised. With three BETAs last month that brought performance bumps to Battlefield 3, it's hardly shocking to know that the official WHQL driver brings very little with it. Instead we know that most of the effort has gone into the BETAs because it was important for AMD and NVIDIA to offer the best possible performance at launch.
Unfortunately I'm still yet to witness the performance of the HD 6990 under Battlefield 3 as the game continues not to load for me. It's a little sad that the initial BETA was more stable than the full release that has finally hit us.
If you've been jumping around on the BETA drivers that have hit this month, there's no real reason to jump on this one, especially if you grabbed the most recent BETA. If you're still on last month's driver or the month before, I'd also say you could probably skip this one.
AMD seem to be on a bit of a lack luster run when it comes to driver performance lately. We saw some great features earlier in the year, but the last few months have been fairly quiet. We wonder if they're saving up something big for Nov / Dec or we're just going to cruise into the New Year with the odd bug fix here and there along with a new feature.
There's not a whole lot to get excited about here, so we don't see any real reason to jump on this one as we mentioned. If you're going along well with the driver you're on, there's probably very little reason to change to this one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 tested, loses to reference RX Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes