AMD couldn't cut it any finer this month with the latest version of the Catalyst drivers. They came out so late in October that we had already ticked over to November 1 on the other side of the world here.
If you're under the impression they came so late because AMD was cramming them full of improvements, you'll find yourself sadly mistaken. Checking out the release notes, you're not going to find any performance improvements.
You've got the normal array of bug fixes, but something that actually stood out came in the form of Eyefinity improvements.
Bezel compensation is now possible when using sets of displays that have mismatched pixel densities.
This is a nice added bonus for people who are using Eyefinity and have mismatched pixel densities. Apart from this, though, there's not much else to the driver. There's a few other things in the release notes which you can check out here, but really, not much to get all that excited about.
So with that all said and done, let's just get stuck into the testbed page and then get onto the performance to see if there are any negative or positive improvements when compared to the last Catalyst driver set we looked at.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- Battlefield 1 has shifting anthology style campaign
- Valve asked to pull No Man's Sky bullshots off Steam
- Latest Final Fantasy XIV patch loaded with new content
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now