AMD couldn't cut it any finer this month with the latest version of the Catalyst drivers. They came out so late in October that we had already ticked over to November 1 on the other side of the world here.
If you're under the impression they came so late because AMD was cramming them full of improvements, you'll find yourself sadly mistaken. Checking out the release notes, you're not going to find any performance improvements.
You've got the normal array of bug fixes, but something that actually stood out came in the form of Eyefinity improvements.
Bezel compensation is now possible when using sets of displays that have mismatched pixel densities.
This is a nice added bonus for people who are using Eyefinity and have mismatched pixel densities. Apart from this, though, there's not much else to the driver. There's a few other things in the release notes which you can check out here, but really, not much to get all that excited about.
So with that all said and done, let's just get stuck into the testbed page and then get onto the performance to see if there are any negative or positive improvements when compared to the last Catalyst driver set we looked at.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes