AMD couldn't cut it any finer this month with the latest version of the Catalyst drivers. They came out so late in October that we had already ticked over to November 1 on the other side of the world here.
If you're under the impression they came so late because AMD was cramming them full of improvements, you'll find yourself sadly mistaken. Checking out the release notes, you're not going to find any performance improvements.
You've got the normal array of bug fixes, but something that actually stood out came in the form of Eyefinity improvements.
Bezel compensation is now possible when using sets of displays that have mismatched pixel densities.
This is a nice added bonus for people who are using Eyefinity and have mismatched pixel densities. Apart from this, though, there's not much else to the driver. There's a few other things in the release notes which you can check out here, but really, not much to get all that excited about.
So with that all said and done, let's just get stuck into the testbed page and then get onto the performance to see if there are any negative or positive improvements when compared to the last Catalyst driver set we looked at.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99