I just got off the phone with someone before I started writing this and came to the realization that we're just four days away from the end of another month. We've just about finished the first third of quarter three. The start of the year was pretty crazy, but the rest of it is going to be even more so I think with so much happening from all the major companies.
Today, though, we have to look at our humble Catalyst drivers that have just been released. You know what? Looking at the release notes, I'm not expecting much, since there's no mention of performance improvements. The fact that they also came so last minute means that we're probably mainly getting a driver that will just fix a few things, but more importantly just to make sure AMD keep up with their promise of one every month.
If those two things weren't enough to think that not much was going to be going on with the driver, the fact that the 11.8 Preview driver has been released at the same time tells us that they're probably working more on that. We won't get too much into that driver as when it comes out in WHQL form we'll have a better look at it. For now, though, let's just look at the latest WHQL one, the Catalyst 11.7, and see what exactly is going on with the latest driver when it comes to the performance side of things.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20