GTX 470 Overclocking
If you had a look at our GTX 480 Overclocking with Voltage adjustment article you're not going to see much difference here when it comes to the overall process. We of course used the latest version of Afterburner as we mentioned in the introduction, which comes in at 1.6.0 Beta 5.
MSI told us that we could max the core voltage, so that's exactly what we did. What happened then, we didn't expect, however.
With a bit of time we ended up moving the core from 608MHz to 774MHz which is an absolute mammoth overclock; much greater than we saw out of the GTX 480. This of course meant that the Shader clock also went up a massive amount from 1215MHz to 1548MHz. Also hoping to get that memory clock rounded off to 4GHz QDR, we fortunately did.
Too give you an idea of what the voltage adjustment did for us; when we first looked at the GTX 470 overclocking we ended up at a core speed of 687MHz and a Shader clock of 1374MHz. Previously we also had trouble getting 4GHz QDR on the memory; instead we ended up with 3920MHz QDR.
Hopefully this massive overclock brings with it some massive gains for the card that has struggled at higher resolutions against the much cheaper HD 5850 from ATI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [GTX 470 Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.