One of the first features that will be implemented into the 10.2s is that CrossFire profiles will now be removed from the 3D Driver and be in a separate update. The idea behind this is that if a new game comes out, the team at ATI can knock together a profiles update so that CrossFire performs at its peak sooner rather than later.
While the team at ATI already work hard at this, the idea is you'll not have to wait up to a month for the CrossFire performance boost. If we go into a busy stretch of games, it's more than possible that we could see the profiles updated multiple times in a single month.
So while it's not a new feature as such, ATI are reworking the way they do it to make gaming faster and more enjoyable for its CrossFire users sooner rather than later which is fantastic for anyone who has spent the money on an expensive CrossFire or CrossFireX setup.
This is a bit of a funny one. While the technology will be implemented now, it's not something that you'll find yourself using anytime soon. None the less, it's still an important introduction.
The idea behind the redesign of the CrossFireX architecture is that when the new Fusion based APU's come out, users will be able to (hopefully) combine the IGP with a discrete video card.
There's so much more to it, though. ATI will be pulling the Multi-GPU code from the driver and making its own component which is all part of the redesign of it. It's clear that the focus in the future is to take CrossFire to the next level when it comes to performance.
While we've seen it for a while, the 10.2 release will mark official support for the technology. What it does is fairly obvious; it now gives users the ability to run Eyefinity with a CrossFire or CrossFireX setup, letting you enjoy the power that a Multi-GPU setup gives on a multi monitor setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [10.2 New Features]
- Page 3 [10.2 New Features - Continued]
- Page 4 [10.3 New Features - Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel X299 chipset: 'VRAM disaster' says pro overclocker
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition unboxed, it's BEAUTIFUL
- Nintendo wants to make Star Fox, Pikmin and Yoshi anime
- Radeon Vega Frontier barely beats GTX 1080 in tests
- Halo Wars 2's latest update includes multi-GPU support
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus