Last month I was a bit harsh on the Catalyst driver suite; they felt a bit rushed and while we don't blame ATI and its driver team for taking time off over the holidays, I got the feeling that the 10.1 driver was only released to keep up with the monthly releases that ATI have been committed to for the past few years.
In saying that, it wasn't a bad driver. It did have a few bug fixes, but outside of that we didn't really see much else. Does the fact that the driver only had a couple of bug fixes warrant a new version? To be honest, if you're playing one of those games and experienced the bug that was present which is now fixed, then yes! It means that you can enjoy what you're playing now and not two, three or four weeks down the track.
In the January Catalyst drivers I made a note that Terry Makedon said on Twitter "10.1 is just a standard release to fix up some bugs, but 10.2 and 10.3 will indeed have some major new features".
To be honest, I was a bit skeptical that "Major New Features" were going to be a bit of marketing fluff. However, I'm here today to tell you it's not. ATI are introducing what they call the 1-2 Punch for the Catalyst 10.2 and 10.3 driver set. Today we're going to run through the new features the next two sets of drivers are going to offer and show why you should be excited about owning an ATI based graphics card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [10.2 New Features]
- Page 3 [10.2 New Features - Continued]
- Page 4 [10.3 New Features - Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom sell limited-edition classic Mega Man 2/X cartridges
- Intel increases 905P Optane SSD capacities to 1.5TB
- Soulcalibur VI trailer reveals Raphael, Prelude to Madness
- Delve into madness with new Call of Cthulhu gameplay trailer
- Diablo III for Switch: confirmed no inclusion of Link gear
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games