Last month I was a bit harsh on the Catalyst driver suite; they felt a bit rushed and while we don't blame ATI and its driver team for taking time off over the holidays, I got the feeling that the 10.1 driver was only released to keep up with the monthly releases that ATI have been committed to for the past few years.
In saying that, it wasn't a bad driver. It did have a few bug fixes, but outside of that we didn't really see much else. Does the fact that the driver only had a couple of bug fixes warrant a new version? To be honest, if you're playing one of those games and experienced the bug that was present which is now fixed, then yes! It means that you can enjoy what you're playing now and not two, three or four weeks down the track.
In the January Catalyst drivers I made a note that Terry Makedon said on Twitter "10.1 is just a standard release to fix up some bugs, but 10.2 and 10.3 will indeed have some major new features".
To be honest, I was a bit skeptical that "Major New Features" were going to be a bit of marketing fluff. However, I'm here today to tell you it's not. ATI are introducing what they call the 1-2 Punch for the Catalyst 10.2 and 10.3 driver set. Today we're going to run through the new features the next two sets of drivers are going to offer and show why you should be excited about owning an ATI based graphics card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [10.2 New Features]
- Page 3 [10.2 New Features - Continued]
- Page 4 [10.3 New Features - Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Switch has had a 2hr reveal
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Moss is coming this February on PSVR, new trailer released
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit