The latest driver version from ATI is a pretty good one. We've got a cross between some nice little performance gains and similar results. As long as we're not moving backwards, it's always a good thing.
If you throw in the fact that you get the normal array of bug fixes, you've got a worthwhile upgrade from the previous driver or any driver before that. Aside from these improvements and fixes, we can also see looking through the release notes that ATI have implemented some new features.
We've got DirectCompute 10.1 support on the HD 4800 and HD 4700 series while also being supported in CrossFireX form. Also included is OpenGL 3.2 extension support on most models ranging from the HD 2000 series to the latest HD 5800 ones.
If you want to learn more about some of this technology, I recommend that you head on over to a recent article Sean did here.
Some good gains, bug fixes and some new features mean this is a driver you should be installing, especially if you're the owner of a HD 5000 series card.
Until next month, may all your frame rates be high and your games good fun! Oh, and have a Great Christmas / Holidays and Happy New Year.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni