The laser also touts a number of useful software/hardware cross-over features. These include the ability to program macros and have them remembered by the mouse so that when you swap it in and out of a computer you don't need drivers on the other machine to play back the macros assigned. A great idea for LAN parties!
There is also a nifty feature called FreeMove that allows you to decide how much "correction" you want to your mouse movements; this may sound like a windows mouse acceleration thing, but it's much more advanced than that. See, the hand is naturally not great at straight lines, especially over distances, so the software can give you a little bit of an edge when used with a good CPI. Tight!
The best feature by far on the laser is the fact that you really don't need drivers to change the SPS! That's right, you simply plug the mouse in, select the mode using the top button, then pick the mouse up and hold the SPS selector button down until you see the currently set resolution on the LCD underneath; you then release the button and scroll the mouse wheel until you have the setting desired. Simply click the mode select button again to save. These settings will now be remembered by the mouse when you unplug it and transfer it to different computers.
Enough with the technicals - Let's cook some fools!
Call of Duty 4
It plays pretty smooth and is nice having the high sensitivity to be able to turn fast. However, I had some issues with precision tracking making sniping tougher than it should be.
This is much smoother and the FreeMove feature really helps me out when trying to maintain accuracy. HEADSHOT!
World of Warcraft
There isn't a great need for super accuracy in this game, but the mouse performs well and the macro assigned buttons can save your ass in a close battle.
The laser doesn't benefit this game any more than the optical, but for the same reason as above the silky feel of the mouse does make playing pleasant for long periods of time.
Good precise optical fare here. It does the job and can be a good squeaker for graphical editing.
I have two monitors on my current system, and hauling ass across the screen real-estate can be a chore sometimes. With the right settings on high and low I can turbo the mouse when I need to get from edge to edge in a single twitch, and then switch to get pixel perfect accuracy when touching up photos.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand