Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): GIGABYTE X48-DQ6 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Kingston PC6400 DDR-2 3-3-3-10 (KHX6400D2ULK2/2G) (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA-2 7200.10 (Supplied by Seagate)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Vista
Drivers: Catalyst 8.2 and Catalyst 8.3
As we mentioned in the introduction, we're running our still relatively new test bed. We won't go into any more detail than we need to as you can read what we use above and see what we test with below. So let's leave it at that and get stuck into the benchmark results.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 110
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark06/
3DMark06 is the very latest version of the "Gamers Benchmark" from FutureMark. The newest version of 3DMark expands on the tests in 3DMark05 by adding graphical effects using Shader Model 3.0 and HDR (High Dynamic Range lighting) which will push even the best DX9 graphics cards to the extremes.
3DMark06 also focuses on not just the GPU but the CPU using the AGEIA PhysX software physics library to effectively test single and Dual Core processors.
We can see straight off the mark that there is no real performance difference under 3DMark06.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 8 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair