Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): GIGABYTE X48-DQ6 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Kingston PC6400 DDR-2 3-3-3-10 (KHX6400D2ULK2/2G) (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA-2 7200.10 (Supplied by Seagate)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Vista
Drivers: Catalyst 8.2 and Catalyst 8.3
As we mentioned in the introduction, we're running our still relatively new test bed. We won't go into any more detail than we need to as you can read what we use above and see what we test with below. So let's leave it at that and get stuck into the benchmark results.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 110
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark06/
3DMark06 is the very latest version of the "Gamers Benchmark" from FutureMark. The newest version of 3DMark expands on the tests in 3DMark05 by adding graphical effects using Shader Model 3.0 and HDR (High Dynamic Range lighting) which will push even the best DX9 graphics cards to the extremes.
3DMark06 also focuses on not just the GPU but the CPU using the AGEIA PhysX software physics library to effectively test single and Dual Core processors.
We can see straight off the mark that there is no real performance difference under 3DMark06.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 8 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio