Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Motherboard(s): GIGABYTE X48-DQ6 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Kingston PC6400 DDR-2 3-3-3-10 (KHX6400D2ULK2/2G) (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA-2 7200.10 (Supplied by Seagate)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Vista
Drivers: Catalyst 8.2 and Catalyst 8.3
As we mentioned in the introduction, we're running our still relatively new test bed. We won't go into any more detail than we need to as you can read what we use above and see what we test with below. So let's leave it at that and get stuck into the benchmark results.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 110
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark06/
3DMark06 is the very latest version of the "Gamers Benchmark" from FutureMark. The newest version of 3DMark expands on the tests in 3DMark05 by adding graphical effects using Shader Model 3.0 and HDR (High Dynamic Range lighting) which will push even the best DX9 graphics cards to the extremes.
3DMark06 also focuses on not just the GPU but the CPU using the AGEIA PhysX software physics library to effectively test single and Dual Core processors.
We can see straight off the mark that there is no real performance difference under 3DMark06.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Episode Two HDR)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Enemy Territory: Quake Wars]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 8 [High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Software content at our Software reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- Win a trip to Computex 2015 from GIGABYTE by overclocking your PC
- Apple teases media event for March 9, could we meet the Apple Watch?
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse