Gigabyte 8600GT - The Package
Initially when I opened the box I was not sure if Gigabyte had made a mistake and sent me a copy of Supreme Commander instead of a new 8600GT graphics card. Gigabyte have been doing the same setup for quite a while now, and it is nice too see something a little different.
Apart from the giant Supreme Commander image on the front of the box we have our normal lineup of information, 256MB DDR3, dual-link DVI, HDTV and PCI Express. We can also see some awards that Supreme Commander has earned, including Best Strategy Game of E3 2006.
Turning the box over we get some more detail on the card along with some of its main features. The 2 biggest parts on the back of the box include some blurb on the Silent-Pipe II that the card utilizes along with information on Supreme Commander.
Diving inside, the package seems a bit on the light side with just a single DVI-VGA connector and a breakout box for the TV-out functionality. A manual and driver CD are also included, as you would expect, along with the full copy of Supreme Commander mentioned already.
The package is well above average but we have to say it would have been nice for Gigabyte to include some of the cables needed to make use of TV-out, even if it was just a simple RCA or S-video cable. A second DVI-VGA connector would have also been welcome but it is good to see at least one is included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD