Intel P35 "Bearlake" Chipset Performance Preview
Intel has always been one of the biggest powers in the CPU market. They've been so dominant due to the fact they have had their own platform to build on. Intel produces its own chipsets for the processors, unlike AMD who until recently had to rely on third party companies to build chipsets for their platforms. It has brought them down a few times - Slot A was the biggest wait fest we ever had to endure.
Not only has Intel got its own platform but we have seen that Intel has put a lot of technologies into their chipsets ahead of other companies. Intel's 9xx series was first to market with PCI Express, Intel also was the first to introduce DDR-2 memory into its chipsets which is something that AMD said it wouldn't ever do, but still has.
While Intel does charge more for its chipsets, their development department does do a lot of work alongside their partners. While they have made some mistakes in the past (but we think just about every chipset manufacturer has had a few bad products) their current line has seen nothing but success.
Now it's time for Intel to start on its next generation of chipsets to support their upcoming Dual Core and Quad Core processors later this year and next such as Yorkfield and Wolfdale. The processors are based on 45nm technology and faster FSB and more onboard cache. These new chipsets are now dubbed the "3" series with new naming and features for each and are all based around the new Bearlake architecture. Today we are previewing the mid-range P35 chipset in the form of a pre-release product from one of our partners.
EDITOR NOTE - The following is a PREVIEW of a product which is still in development stages using non-final hardware and first revision silicon. Take this into consideration when reading and looking at our benchmarks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [P35 "Bearlake" Performance Preview]
- Page 2 [Bearlake Chipset Details]
- Page 3 [I/O Controller Hubs (ICH9)]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015