Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (Supplied by Intel)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1066 Corsair (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk: 500GB Seagate 7200.9 (Supplied by Seagate)
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 7800GT
Cooling: Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Intel INF 184.108.40.2062, nVidia ForceWare 91.31 and DX9c
This time around we are comparing the ABIT AW9D-MAX against the DFI 975 and MSI 975 boards (which we reviewed here earlier) at both stock and maximum overclocked FSB speeds.
We used an 8x multiplier on the ABIT motherboard like we did on the MSI and DFI boards and the memory ratio was set at 1:1 for each motherboard. This means the ABIT board is running with the CPU at 3264MHz (408MHz FSB x 8), DFI with the CPU at 3024MHz (378MHz FSB x 8) and MSI with the CPU at 2896MHz (362MHz FSB x 8).
Version and / or Patch Used: 2007
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
At stock speeds all boards are tied up but when overclocking, ABIT's higher FSB manages to score some extra bandwidth points.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek suing Star Citizen developer for breach of contract
- Battlegrounds on the Xbox One/One X runs like a pile of crap
- Samsung to push Android 8.0 Oreo to Galaxy S8/S8+ in January
- NVIDIA TITAN V: 82MH/s when overclocked, RX Vega 64: 37MH/s
- Animal Crossing Pocket Camp earns $17 million to date
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus New 64GB SM-G955UZKAXAA $824
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series