Intel's Core 2 family of processors are now starting to expand. At release there were only a few models released, the high-end Extreme and the 4MB cache Core 2 Duo. We now are starting to see the lower-end 2MB cache series hitting the streets and Quad Core is coming in a couple of months. While the CPU line up is starting to spread, so are the boards supporting Core 2.
Intel announced that their 975X chipset would support Core 2 but current motherboard before the release of Conroe based on the same chipset wouldn't because of the required VRM 2.2 voltage system that the Core 2 uses. No 975X motherboards were built to handle this, until now.
Since Intel aren't intending on releasing a new enthusiast level chipset for their processors for sometime, we are starting to see new revisions of older motherboards released like the ASUS P5W-DH - which is simply a P5WD2-E Premium with Core 2 support. Today we are looking at two new motherboards from MSI and DFI which are designed for Core 2 and Core 2 Extreme processors.
From DFI we are looking at the Infinity 975X/G motherboard to support the Pentium 4, Pentium D and Core 2 families. From MSI we are looking at the 975X Platinum PowerUp Edition which is a revision of the MSI 975X Platinum that was released earlier on in the year for the Pentium D and Pentium Extreme.
So come all ye faithful and see just who had the features and overclocking to be the king of the hill - will MSI murder DFI or will DFI devastate MSI? Let's take a look and find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Telltale begins dismantling business and liquidating assets
- THQ Nordic has 35 unannounced projects in development
- Metroid Prime 4 is 'well into development'
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One