While Highpoint don't have a flood of products like motherboard manufacturers do, Highpoint does put a lot of work and research into what is needed and what can be produced. Lately they've been flooding us with review samples which are designed to satisfy the needs of the server and home user markets, and so far we have not been disappointed in any of the Highpoint offerings.
The RocketRAID 2130 is a great offering for server users who need a smaller storage solution add-on rather than what the more expensive RocketRAID 2320 offers - and why pay extra for what you don't need?
RocketRAID 2130 offers a great balance of server support features with a much more reasonable price tag, and for home users wanting extreme storage options and fast speeds - the RocketRAID 2130 cannot be beat.
Overall we had no complaints about the controllers features, compatibility or software, all worked flawlessly. Although, it would have topped things off very nicely if Highpoint also decided to add external SATA (e.SATA) support.
Works on a range of PCI Express ports - lots of flexibility
Performance on par with the fastest onboard IDE controllers from Intel and nVidia
4 port SATA-II with SATA 2.5 specs
RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD plus NCQ support
Small and compact card - good for HTPC users
Easy to read and understand users manual
Good software for RAID setup
No e.SATA support
Nothing much else
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [The Controller Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - File Copy Test]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Level Loading]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz