Motherboards perform pretty much close to each other these days in the benchmark department, especially ones with similar chipsets - so it then comes down to functionality, overclocking and desire of the brand.
DFI is by no means a cheap brand when it comes to motherboards. Maybe in the past, but recent success has put DFI on the forefront of PC technology and the LANParty series of motherboards reflect upon this. You will pay more for this motherboard but as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for..."
While there isn't much variation in scores at the benchmark level, we would recommend DFI and the LANParty UT CFX3200-DR to users who want to mod their case and show off a very flashy board, especially under U.V lights. This motherboard not only performs well and contains plenty of onboard features to keep you happy; it also looks good at the same time.
Being a motherboard targeted towards the gamer and end-users who demand high performance, you would expect some decent overclocking results. We got just that. Out of the ATI Xpress 3200 based motherboards we have tested so far (which include the likes of ASUS and Sapphire), the DFI LANParty UT CFX3200-DR managed to provide the best results.
Simply put, this has got to be one of the best Socket 939 motherboards we have tested so far. It goes without saying... we recommend this product - just take a look at the "Pros" list below. We are impressed.
Best overclocking result from Xpress 3200 motherboard so far
Massive voltage options available in BIOS
Full speed x16 ports for Crossfire dual graphics
Additional 4 SATA ports
Ideal board layout for optimal cooling
Uses ULI Southbridge over ATI SB450 - better HDD performance
Dual Gigabit LAN
Additional SATA controller PCI based
More expensive than other brands but you get what you pay for
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box - Inside and Out]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series