Gaming @ 4K 144Hz
I played some of the hottest new games on the ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ with Overwatch my primary game at 4K and runs liquid smooth at 144FPS on this display, while Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Battlefield V rounded out my gaming use on the monitor. All games looked beyond amazing, better than any other display that I've used for gaming easily.
It's much more apparent at 4K as the monitor stretches its legs with the millions of pixels being rendered every second, with non-native resolutions not something you should be buying this monitor for. You'd reduce graphics details in games to get higher frame rates, which is something I had to do in COD: Black Ops 4 and Battlefield V even on my GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.
Running games like that on Ultra settings is near impossible at 4K and hitting 144FPS on a single graphics card, and won't be something we can do for a while yet. With this monitor you want native 4K at 100FPS minimum, which is where I sat performance wise with the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti on a mix of medium and high settings in Black Ops 4.
DICE pumps in considerable eye candy into its Frostbite-powered Battlefield V, most of which I had to run at a mix of Medium and High to maintain 100FPS average. It felt surprisingly smooth as well, something that should be credited to the power of the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and the G-Sync technology, both of which NVIDIA nails for 4K 144Hz HDR gaming.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5