Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
The 970 EVO ships in familiar looking packaging. There is an image of the enclosed SSD on the front. Capacity, model, and V-NAND architecture are advertised here.
The back of the packaging advertises Samsung's new slogan and 5-year warranty.
The drive is cradled in a thick plastic protective carrier.
Included with the drive is a printed installation guide and warranty statement.
The component side of the PCB has a manufacturer label covering the major components.
The back of the PCB is devoid of components. This is where Samsung's exclusive copper infused thermal label is applied.
Removing the manufacturer label reveals Samsung's nickel plated "Phoenix" five-core 8-channel NVMe controller, a 1024MB Samsung DDR4 package and two 512GB 64-layer V-NAND 3-bit flash packages.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon UK website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon Canada website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benches (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Seq. Write]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]