Temps & Power
I was interested to see how the entire system would fare with power consumption, since I was running a 6C/12T processor with the AMD Ryzen 5 1600X mixed with AMD's Radeon RX 570, at least in AORUS form. Our entire system was consuming anywhere between 218W and 260W, depending on the test - with the GIGABYTE RX 570 AORUS falling in at around 240W average.
Directly comparing the RX 570 AORUS against MSI's new GTX 1060 Gaming X+ 9Gbps card that uses just 185W average, Polaris is using 50W+ while being slightly slower. But, in the end it averages out when you factor in total costs with a gaming setup and purchases like a FreeSync display which are radically cheaper than competing NVIDIA G-Sync gaming displays.
As for temps, we were sitting anywhere between 62C and 68C depending on the test, with the RX 570 AORUS maxing out at 69C. But comparing the RX 570 AORUS against our EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 graphics card, the temps are the same - and the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 is a much more powerful card.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pornhub in 2018: 4403 petabytes of data, 147GB per SECOND
- Samsung's next-gen Galaxy S10 with 1TB storage: $1800?!
- This CRYENGINE project has the best looking graphics EVER
- AMD trademarks Radeon Vega II logo, ready for 7nm Vega 20
- Fortnite was 15th most searched for term on Pornhub in 2018
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- Carl Preston Jones Named Associate Director, Technical, at NASA Marshall
- Brain Corp Using NVIDIA Jetson for Latest Robotics Product Powered by BrainOS
- Population Zero Aims To Reimagine The Survival MMO
- Saber Interactive Unleashes New Class Gameplay Trailer For World War Z
- Starbreeze Studios focuses on its core business - internal game development and publishing