Temps & Power
I was interested to see how the entire system would fare with power consumption, since I was running a 6C/12T processor with the AMD Ryzen 5 1600X mixed with AMD's Radeon RX 570, at least in AORUS form. Our entire system was consuming anywhere between 218W and 260W, depending on the test - with the GIGABYTE RX 570 AORUS falling in at around 240W average.
Directly comparing the RX 570 AORUS against MSI's new GTX 1060 Gaming X+ 9Gbps card that uses just 185W average, Polaris is using 50W+ while being slightly slower. But, in the end it averages out when you factor in total costs with a gaming setup and purchases like a FreeSync display which are radically cheaper than competing NVIDIA G-Sync gaming displays.
As for temps, we were sitting anywhere between 62C and 68C depending on the test, with the RX 570 AORUS maxing out at 69C. But comparing the RX 570 AORUS against our EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 graphics card, the temps are the same - and the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 is a much more powerful card.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new game service is like Game Pass
- Sekiro mod engine paves the way for expansive mods
- Sean Murray gives rare talk on No Man's Sky's triumphs, woes
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced