The BPX product line was conceived with the intention of taking on the emerging value segment of the NVMe market. This pitted MyDigitalSSD up against the giants of the industry like Intel and Samsung. And guess what? The BPX is indeed a better value than anything the tech giants currently have to offer.
Intel was first to shake things up with their 600p series, but the only thing the 600p brought to the table was super-low pricing relative to other NVMe offerings. Performance matters and the 600p turned out to be at best a slight upgrade over the best SATA has to offer.
Then came the low-cost TLC flash-based 960 EVO, which does pack a major punch at higher capacities, but massive synthetic performance doesn't necessarily translate to superior real-world moderate workload performance, as evidenced by these results:
We are of the opinion that user experience while running a drive as an OS disk is one of the most important factors there is when considering an upgrade. This is why we perform the majority of our testing with the test subject as our OS disk. This gives us insight that goes beyond what numbers alone reveal. As an OS disk, the BPX delivers what we consider to be an equivalent user experience to that of the 960 EVO.
The pricing of MyDigitalSSD's BPX suggests entry-level, but its performance, warranty, and endurance show it to be a premium piece of next-gen storage. MyDigitalSSD is to be commended for taking on the big guys and walking away with a win - a very rare feat in the technology industry.
The MyDigitalSSD BPX 480GB NVMe M.2 SSD is TweakTown recommended.
- Moderate Workload Performance
- Most Appealing Form Factor
- Read Performance at low QD
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||85%|
|Value for Money||100%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: MyDigitalSSD's BPX 480GB NVMe M.2 SSD is simply the best value in next-gen storage on the market today.
PRICING: You can find the MyDigitalSSD BPX 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MyDigitalSSD BPX 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for $210 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MyDigitalSSD BPX 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for £210 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Wolfenstein II goes old school, with a new demo released
- Tesla's battery grid in South Australia finished early
- Project CARS 2 demo now available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4
- Ethereum reaches record high of $414, mining is now easier
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega 64 Red Devil: real custom Vega
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ