ORIGIN decided to use EVGA's Prevision X OC to overclock the GTX 1080 Founder Edition GPU. They added 175MHz to the core, 275MHz to the memory, and increased temperature and power targets. Precision X 16 Server is also installed and allows you to setup an OSD in multiple programs.
Intel's Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 driver and software packaged is installed, and it allows core prioritization for overclocking.
Audio control is provided through Realtek's HD Audio Manager, but you can also use Window's audio control.
ORIGIN's overclock resulted in a 4.1GHz overclock on the CPU core through the BIOS, and XMP memory overclocking to 2666MHz through the BIOS. If you have to clear the CMOS, the ORIGINPC profile will apply the overclock.
They are using adaptive voltage more for the core with a 1.26v VCore, and a +0.01v offset for the input voltage. If you add another drive and need to change the boot order, that is possible through the UEFI. In fact, this is the UEFI that comes with the motherboard if you were to buy it separately.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup & System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM