ORIGIN decided to use EVGA's Prevision X OC to overclock the GTX 1080 Founder Edition GPU. They added 175MHz to the core, 275MHz to the memory, and increased temperature and power targets. Precision X 16 Server is also installed and allows you to setup an OSD in multiple programs.
Intel's Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 driver and software packaged is installed, and it allows core prioritization for overclocking.
Audio control is provided through Realtek's HD Audio Manager, but you can also use Window's audio control.
ORIGIN's overclock resulted in a 4.1GHz overclock on the CPU core through the BIOS, and XMP memory overclocking to 2666MHz through the BIOS. If you have to clear the CMOS, the ORIGINPC profile will apply the overclock.
They are using adaptive voltage more for the core with a 1.26v VCore, and a +0.01v offset for the input voltage. If you add another drive and need to change the boot order, that is possible through the UEFI. In fact, this is the UEFI that comes with the motherboard if you were to buy it separately.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup & System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioWare can redeem Anthem, Star Citizen creator says
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!