ORIGIN decided to use EVGA's Prevision X OC to overclock the GTX 1080 Founder Edition GPU. They added 175MHz to the core, 275MHz to the memory, and increased temperature and power targets. Precision X 16 Server is also installed and allows you to setup an OSD in multiple programs.
Intel's Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 driver and software packaged is installed, and it allows core prioritization for overclocking.
Audio control is provided through Realtek's HD Audio Manager, but you can also use Window's audio control.
ORIGIN's overclock resulted in a 4.1GHz overclock on the CPU core through the BIOS, and XMP memory overclocking to 2666MHz through the BIOS. If you have to clear the CMOS, the ORIGINPC profile will apply the overclock.
They are using adaptive voltage more for the core with a 1.26v VCore, and a +0.01v offset for the input voltage. If you add another drive and need to change the boot order, that is possible through the UEFI. In fact, this is the UEFI that comes with the motherboard if you were to buy it separately.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup & System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ