Dell's XPS 13 comes with a bunch of support software, and you have to register to take full advantage of their support. The WAVESMaxxAudio Pro program to enhance audio comes with the XPS 13.
McAfee (now owned by Intel) Live Safe system protection software is also included. Different from Windows Update, Dell Update will supply Dell related system updates.
The Dell Update utility will update the system BIOS, so be careful, because the BIOS doesn't always need to be updated. Dell Customer Connect allows you to give Dell your insights into the product.
Dell's Digital Delivery program will deliver any additional software you might have ordered through Dell. SupportAssist allows you to do system checkups and provides notification if anything is wrong.
SupportAssist Checkup can test software and hardware to ensure they are all working properly. Since the XPS 13 uses Killer based WIFI, you can utilize Killer's Network Manager, or just let Windows handle networking.
Dell's UEFI is unlike any I have seen before; it is more along the lines of a bulky software program, with only minimal settings on each tab. If you don't know what each setting does, then this UEFI might be preferable to others, since Dell has fit lengthy descriptions for each setting beneath the options.
However, the BIOS has so many menus and options it could be intimidating if you don't have prior experience with Dell's UEFI. The good news is that you don't need to use the UEFI to get the most out of the notebook, only if you want to tinker around with firmware settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG coming to PS4 this December for $30
- Snoop Dogg receives first copy of Spyro Reignited via drone
- First live action Pokemon Detective Pikachu trailer released
- NES Controller pre-order available for Switch Online members
- PlayStation's Black Friday Sale: $199 = 1TB PS4 + Spider-Man
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms