As expected, PNY's CS1311 is a synthetic powerhouse, which is good news for the majority of average users. One of the most important features of the S10, when paired with planar TLC flash, is Phison's direct to die write strategy. Phison skips the pSLC caching layer once it is filled and writes directly to the TLC flash array, instead of the conventional continuous fill/flush scheme employed by competing solutions. This bears fruit when transferring large files or installing large programs. Looking back at our write transfer testing, we can see the payoff.
The CS1311 stacks up well against similarly configured S10-powered planar TLC SSDs. The CS1311 is a great option for several reasons. It is an attractive piece of hardware, comes with Acronis disk cloning software, is sold by a well-respected vendor, and it is priced right - all the ingredients necessary for a superior entry-level SSD. If you have been waiting to give SSDs a try, the CS1311 affords you an excellent opportunity to jump in and live life in the fast lane.
Running PNY's CS1311 as our OS disk was a very pleasurable experience. The drive is responsive, boots like lightning, and handles multi-tasking with ease. Even though the CS1311 isn't the fastest SSD out there, for the majority of users, it will deliver an SSD experience that is a cut above most similarly priced SSDs on the market today.
PNY's C1311 480GB SATA III SSD is TweakTown recommended.
- Low Cost
- Sustained Write
- Sequential Performance
- Moderate Workload Performance
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||88%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||94%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: PNY's CS1311 is a synthetic powerhouse that is priced right, making it a perfect entry-level SSD for newcomers.
PRICING: You can find the PNY CS1311 480GB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The PNY CS1311 480GB SATA III SSD retails for $120 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The PNY CS1311 480GB SATA III SSD retails for £98 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit