X99 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued
The X99 Taichi has a nice audio section with good quality hardware. It uses the ALC1150 designed for 115dB SNR, two Texas Instruments NE5532 amplifiers, and an array of audio grade capacitors. The audio section is physically isolated from the rest of the motherboard's PCB.
The X99 Taichi is loaded with dual Intel NICs. The i211AT is a standalone network controller while the i218v acts as the PHY for the integrated MAC in the PCH. You can team these two NICs. The motherboard also has a WIFI/BT card, the Intel 1x1 (433Mbps) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.
USB 3.1 type-C and type-A are born from an ASMedia ASM1142 controller. An ASMedia ASM1542 10Gbps MUX is used to support the reversible type-C connector. The main SuperIO on the motherboard is the nuvoTon NCT6791D that provides system monitoring, fan control, and PS/2 on the rear IO.
ASRock has a lot of these Texas Instruments PCI-E 3.0 x2 quick switches for moving around CPU and SATA bandwidth. They moved the switches for the x16 slots to the back of the PCB to maintain the aesthetic appeal of their large center gear.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X99 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X99 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- League of Legends is 26.42% of global gaming traffic share
- Intellivision's new $150 console has online store, new games
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct