X99 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued
The X99 Taichi has a nice audio section with good quality hardware. It uses the ALC1150 designed for 115dB SNR, two Texas Instruments NE5532 amplifiers, and an array of audio grade capacitors. The audio section is physically isolated from the rest of the motherboard's PCB.
The X99 Taichi is loaded with dual Intel NICs. The i211AT is a standalone network controller while the i218v acts as the PHY for the integrated MAC in the PCH. You can team these two NICs. The motherboard also has a WIFI/BT card, the Intel 1x1 (433Mbps) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.
USB 3.1 type-C and type-A are born from an ASMedia ASM1142 controller. An ASMedia ASM1542 10Gbps MUX is used to support the reversible type-C connector. The main SuperIO on the motherboard is the nuvoTon NCT6791D that provides system monitoring, fan control, and PS/2 on the rear IO.
ASRock has a lot of these Texas Instruments PCI-E 3.0 x2 quick switches for moving around CPU and SATA bandwidth. They moved the switches for the x16 slots to the back of the PCB to maintain the aesthetic appeal of their large center gear.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X99 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X99 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard